Get outside your comfort zone with thousands of friends as we show the world how to do winter right.
(#4PlayMSP #MakeItMSP @MakeItMSP www.4PlayMSP.com)
January 9, 2016 Snelling Lake Beach in Fort Snelling State Park
The event is from 11a-4p and activities are taking place all day.
Schedule of events:
11:00am Winter 4Play begins at Snelling Lake Beach in Fort Snelling State Park
11:15am Guided hikes begin (Other times: 12:15, 1:15, 2:15)
11:30am Meet at the “S’more Conversation” station (at the beach) where you can get a map, mix and mingle, and warm up by a bonfire.
12:30pm Globe ice lantern demonstrations begin (Other times: 1:30, 2:30)
2:00pm Lend a hand in setting up MSP’s largest snowball fight (200 people needed). We encourage you to help us in achieving the snowball fight goal.
2:30pm Group Shot. Get involved in the snowball fight so we can take an awesome picture!
Additional Details and Highlights
– You’ve heard of a biathlon, a pentathlon, and a decathlon, but you’ve probably never taken part in an ARTathlon, an artist-created exercise course by Northern Lights.MN. Strap on your art boots and warm up to discover surprising installations and activities in the park. Complete the full course and return to the main tent to claim your ARTathlon medal!
– Get social and heat up Nordic-style with Little Box Sauna
– Cross-Country Ski and Snowshoe with REI
– Ice Fish, Ice Harvest, and Ice Sculpt with the National Park Service
– Take a hike with the U.S. Forest Service
– Learn what the heck is a quinzee with Wilderness Inquiry
– Take part in Minnesota N*ICE Breaker Icebreaking Station with Saint Paul Hello, make a friend and literally break the ice together
– Have S’more Conversation with Impact Hub MSP and Newcomer Nosh
– Dog power with our Furry Best Friends the Sled Dog Skijoring station
– Fuel up with snacks from Food Trucks and KIND Snacks, and stay hydrated with Resqwater
– Sing and dance with the Coro Flamenco Street Choir
– Plus music, hot chocolate complements of the Jeffers Foundation, giveaways and plenty of winter activities you can participate in
*A valid state park vehicle permit is required ($5 daily, $25 annual). Permits can be purchased at the Fort Snelling State Park Office.
Giveaways, with winning photos, posted to Instagram, selected by @Minnstameets from the #4PlayMSP hashtag
– Three $100 gift cards to REI
– Selection of stylish winter hats, gloves, and scarves to help you stay outside all winter long